Advanced Microsoft Project Training Course “MS.Project 2016”- Overview
This Advanced Microsoft Project 2016 Training Course covers the advanced features of the application, including emphasis on customization of the application itself. You will learn to efficiently manage projects, create master projects and sub-projects, create and customize visual reports, work with resource pools, and learn about costing.
Training Type: Classroom Training – Virtual Classroom
Locations: Mississauga , Toronto, Scarborough. Also Available as a Virtual Classroom Training
Duration: 1 Day : Sun ( 10 AM- 6 PM) . Or Weekdays : 1 Day ( 10 AM- 6 PM)
Number of Students: Our class sizes are typically 6 students per session. Each student is given hands-on access to Microsoft Project 2016 (Windows) Client or MS.Project 2016 online
Microsoft Project 2016 is a powerful industry standard software tool that can help you manage projects, programs, and multiple tasks. Some of the new feature in Microsoft Project 2016 are :
- More flexible timelines
- Better options for resource scheduling
- New themes
- Query box to easily locate Project tools and features
The Advanced Microsoft Project 2016 training will help you :
- Learn to work with the advanced formatting features of the Gantt chart and network diagrams.
- Learn to create master projects and subprojects in Project 2016.
- Learn to create customized project reports.
- Learn to work with resource pools.
- Learn about costing.
- Learn to manage time and resources.
- Learn to modify the display.
- Learn to chart data.
- Learn to use recurring tasks.
- Learn to use templates.
- Learn to customize Project reports, tables, filters, and the ribbon.
- Learn to use macros in Project.
Who Should Attend
The Hands-On Microsoft Project 2016 course is appropriate for the following:
- Project Managers
- Project Schedulers
- Anyone who is required to understand the capabilities of Microsoft Project or is required to access data from within MS Project
- Both people who are new to using Microsoft Project as well as people who are currently using Microsoft Project who are self taught
- People from all industries (this course is not geared to any specific industry)
Each student in our Live Online and our Onsite classes receives a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples. PDF format Materials
Experience in the following areas is required:
- Basic Microsoft Project skills including high comfort level navigating the program.
Advanced Microsoft Project Training Course- Topic Outline
Starting a Project from an Existing Project, or Excel Workbook
- Starting a Project
- Reviewing the Options
- Changing Save Options
- Time Conversion
- Creating Projects
- Create a New Project from an Existing Project File
Advanced Methods for Managing Tasks and Resources
- Manage Tasks and Resources: Working with Task Dependencies-Task Dependency
- Understanding Elapsed versus Actual Time Settings
- Setting Task Constraints
- Splitting and Delaying Tasks: Splitting a Task: Using the Gantt Chart View
- Delaying a Task: Using a Gantt Chart View
- Using the Task Inspector
- Analyzing Critical Tasks and the Critical Path: Analyze Critical Tasks: Using the Gantt Chart View
- Using Lag Time and Lead Time: Setting Lag and Lead Time
- Analyzing Task Assignments: Viewing Task Assignments: Using the Task Usage View
- Using the Team Planner: Formatting the Team Planner
- Using a Resource Pool and Sharing Resources
- Managing Resource Availability and Pay Rates
Managing the Project with Advanced Techniques
- Using Leveling to Solve Resource Over allocations
- Chart View
- Amending Tasks
- Understanding Baseline and Interim Plans
- Setting Additional Baselines
- Analyzing Project Costs and Creating Budgets
Formatting and Customizing Views
- Customizing the Gantt Chart
- Creating a Custom View
- Applying Filters
- Using Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Codes
- Creating Visual Reports
- Editing Reports
Working with Templates
- Using Subproject within a Project
- Using the Organizer to Maintain Templates
Special Features and Advanced Analysis
- Use the Course Development Project
- Modifying the Display (Shortcuts)
- Task Usage and Resource Usage Views
- Charting Data
- Importing into Project
- Recurring Tasks
- Using a Sample Template
- Global Template
Customizing MS Project
- Custom Reports
- Custom Tables
- Adding Columns to Tables
- Custom Filters
- Custom Filter Values
- Customizing the Ribbon
Macros Overview Page
- Creating VBA Code
- The VB Editor
- Working with Modules
- Editing Macros
For more details about the software, please visit Microsoft official page MS Project 2016
You might also be interested in the following courses: