Training Type: Classroom Training
Locations: Downtown Toronto
Duration: Weekend : Sun ( 10 AM- 6 PM) . Or Weekdays 1 Day ( 10 AM- 6 PM)
Number of Students: Our class sizes are typically 6 students per session. Each student is given hands-on access to Primavera® P6 Professional (Windows) Client or Primavera® P6 Web Access.
Earned value management (EVM) is a widely used and highly effective technique when it comes to tracking project progress & performance.
For those working in a Primavera environment, this Earned Value Management in Primavera P6 course focuses on the application of the EVM approach in a Primavera environment. The 1-day programme combines practical exercises and interactive sessions to deliver an all-round understanding of how to apply EVM in Primavera P6, providing delegates with the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe the principles of earned value management
- Understand how to plan a project to use EVM
- Organize an EMV project in Primavera P6
- Pinpoint earned value trends and interpret their significance
- Use Primavera P6 to perform exception analysis
Who should attend?
EMV Training Course Content
1. The need for EVM
- Why projects fail
- The need to understand actual financial and schedule progress
- Limitations of common monitoring techniques
2.What is EVM
- The basic principles of EVM
- The EVMS criteria
3.Organising and planning
- EVM constraints on project organization
- Earned value measuring techniques
- Planning an EVM project
- Managing baselines in an EV environment4.
4.EVM Earned Value Management in Primavera
- Primavera considerations in EV project organization
- Structuring EV projects in Primavera
- Applying the correct EV measuring techniques in Primavera
- Primavera EV reporting
5.EVM charts and data
- Using EV cost and schedule variances
- Interpreting EV curves
- SPI and CPI trend analysis
- Use of Independent EAC in Primavera
- EAC challenging
- The challenges in implementing EV
Tailor this course
This course can be adapted to your specific needs and delivered in a location of your choice.