CAPM Exam Prep Training – Certified Associate in Project Management Training Course
Every career in project management has a beginning and that is the purpose of this course. You will learn the fundamentals of project management. This includes project performance, when to use the predictive or adaptive methodologies, business analysis domains, and frameworks, as well as the proper use of one of the various adaptive frameworks
Training Type: Classroom Training + Online
Location : Downtown Toronto & Online
Fee : In person :$900 Online: $800
Instructors: All our CAPM Instructors are PMI Authorized Training Partner Instructors – CAPM
Number of students per session: Our CAPM Exam Prep class sizes are typically 4-6 students per session. Our CAPM classes are intentionally kept small in order to foster more interaction between the instructor and students. We limit classes to a maximum of six (6) students unless we are teaching a private group or organization.
Related Courses: CAPM Self-Paced Learning – CAMP Practice Tests & Questions
Special Offers: Sign up with a friend and save 5% each – With 2 friends :10% – 3 friends: 15%
Corporate Training: Contact us for special offers : Daily Training fee or per trainee options
(This course is based on the PMBOK Guide and designed for both the CAPM and the PMP Exams)
The CAPM Exam Prep course includes the following:
- 3 Day Instructor- Led Training
- PMI Digital Materials ( $150 value)
- 12 Months access to to Practice Tests with more than 700 CAPM sample exam CAMP Practice Tests & Questions
- Project management templates ( more than 60 template – Word and Excel)
- PMP Process ITTO Guide (PDF)
- Project Management process table (PDF)
- How to calculate float document ( PDF)
- Earned Value formula table (PDF)
- Documents(PDF) : Main terms in quality , procurement ,Risk, human resources, and integrated change control
- Certificate of Completion (PDF Format)
If you are planning to take the CAPM Certification examination, this course gives you the knowledge you need to pass the exam. It covers CAPM® -critical information on project management theory, principles, techniques and methods.
In addition, you will be able to practice for the CAPM, exam. Our CAPM Exam Prep Training includes CAPM Practice Tests with more than 725 sample exam questions. Sample tests for each knowledge area, with a full test at the end of the course. you will have unlimited access for 6 months. Read more about the CAPM Practice Tests and Questions
CAPM Course Outline:
What will you learn:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various project life cycles and processes.
- Distinguish between predictive and adaptive approaches.
- Demonstrate an understanding of project management planning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of project roles and responsibilities.
- Explain the importance of the role the project manager plays.
- Determine how to follow and execute and respond to planned strategies or frameworks (e.g., communication, risks, etc.).
- Demonstrate an understanding of common problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Identify the suitability of a predictive, plan-based approach for the organizational structure (e.g., virtual, colocation, matrix structure, hierarchical, etc.).
- Determine and give examples of the activities within each process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a project management plan schedule.
- Determine how to document project controls of predictive, plan-based projects.
- Explain when it is appropriate and sustainable to use an adaptive approach for the organizational structure.
- Compare the pros and cons of adaptive and predictive, plan-based projects.
- Identify the suitability of adaptive approaches for the organizational structure (e.g., virtual, colocation, matrix structure, hierarchical, etc.).
- Identify organizational process assets and environmental factors that facilitate the use of adaptive approaches.
- Determine how to plan project iterations.
- Determine how to document project controls for an adaptive project.
- Distinguish between the components of different adaptive methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Scaled Adaptive Framework (SAFe®), Kanban, etc.).
- Determine how to prepare and execute task management steps.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business analysis (BA) roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the importance of communication for a business analyst between various teams and stakeholders.
- Determine how to gather requirements and use the best approach for a situation.
- Explain the application of a product roadmap.
- Determine how project methodologies influence business analysis processes.
- Validate requirements through product delivery.
CAPM Exam Questions: Sample Exam Questions
The following are sample questions for the Project Management Processes: Open Test in Full Screen
About CAPM Certification:
The Certified Associate in Project Management CAPM Certification is a credential offered by the Project Management Institute PMI.
The CAPM certification offers recognition to practitioners who are starting a career in project management as well as project team members who wish to demonstrate their project management knowledge. This CAPM certification denotes that the individual possesses the knowledge in the principles and terminology of “A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)”, the standard of project management’s generally recognized good practices.
Individuals who contribute specialized skills to a project team can benefit from this certification by allowing them to align their work with that of project managers. The knowledge a practitioner gains from earning the CAPM® certification can be applied to on-the-job experiences which help develop growing levels of competence in the practice of project management. Individuals who carry the CAPM® designation after their name enjoy a high level of credibility from PMP® credential holders, project managers, employers and peers.
CAPM Certification Exam Prep training course is suitable for :
- Managers and project team members, students at the graduate or undergraduate level, and/or entry level practitioners, as well as anyone who has an expressed interest in project management as a career or wants to improve their effectiveness in a project management environment.
- individuals who want to prepare for the CAPM designation
CAPM Certification Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants must have:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or the global equivalent
- 1,500 hours of work on a project team or 23 contact hours of project management education
- Exceed these requirements? Check The Project Management Professional Credential.
The CAPM Certification Examination:
Applicants must pass a three-hour, 150-question, knowledge-based examination that uses the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition as its only source. The questions are developed by individuals from around the globe who hold a PMI credential and are monitored to ensure that the examination continues to be a reliable and valid assessment of project management terms and practices.
For more details about the certification, visit PMI Website
To reserve your seat for the upcoming CAPM Exam Prep classes, please contact us:
You may also be interested in :
Our enthusiastic team of instructors draws on experience from many facets of Project Management and will ensure that your PMP Exam Prep training is conducted thoroughly, professionally and to the highest standards.
All our PMP instructors are certified Project Management Professionals (PMP) and PMI Authorized Training Instructors with at least 10 years of experience in Project Management.
PMVISION reserves the right to replace the assigned instructor because of instructor illness, instructor availability or force-majeure events.
Omer Abbas, PMP, CSM, FRM
Omer is a PMI PMP Authorized Training Instructor ATP. He is a PMP – Project Management Professional, CSM – Certified Scrum Master and FRM – Financial Risk Manager (Certified by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (MSc. Statistics) )
He is a Senior Project Professions with more than 20 years of experience in project management and leadership roles in the Financial Services industry with focus on Business & Technology Transformation including Private Equity. His work experience includes working as:
- Project Manager, Capital Markets (GBM), Scotiabank (Bank of Nova Scotia)
- Program Manager, Alternative Assets, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB)
- Project Manager, Global AML/ATF, Scotiabank (Bank of Nova Scotia)
- Program Director, Wealth Management, Bank of Montreal (BMO)
- Project Manager, Capital Markets (GBM), Scotiabank (Bank of Nova Scotia)
- Associate Director, Capital Markets, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Management Consultant, Business Advisory, Ernst & Young (EY)
Mark Anglin, B.Eng., MBA, PMP, Cert. Adult Education
With over 24 years of technology and global business experience, Mark is a seasoned Program and Project Manager in the 2 key technology areas of application development and IP networks.
Currently consulting with a bank for business process improvement targeting quarter over quarter margin growth, Mark teaches Project Management and Leadership part time at University of Toronto and Schulich Executive Education at York University as well as Programming Business Applications at Seneca College.
Mark has been a thought leader in The New Leadership required for the changing work environment of team of teams in the digital economy, dependence on knowledge and not processes; motivating technology teams and the move to design-centric organizational structures. With Agile being a platinum standard for how self-organizing teams are infiltrating the organizational structure, basically
PMI Authorized Training Instructor
organizations with Agile and self-organizing teams need new types of Leadership.
Mark has brought 2 software products to market, opened and directed a company in Europe, assisted in raising capital from leading firms such as Morgan Stanley in New York, a well as Cisco Systems and Kleiner Perkins Caufield Beyers in San Francisco.
Mark has completed his Certificate in Adult Education to complement his corporate experience and has been accepted by PMI to write the PMI-ACP certification exam. Combining this with his global project experience, Marks’ training approach is a focus on discussion and application of methodologies in the context of real-life workplace, which makes the material directly relevant to the learner.
Dr. Raida Hafez
Dr. Raida is is a PMI PMP Authorized Training Instructor ATP.
She is an Experienced Project manager bringing forth over 23 years of experience serving as an effective Project Manager/Project Director in implementation of multiple projects for domains such as Human Capital Management and Banking Industry. Adept in all aspect of project management including planning, scheduling, budgeting and coordinating all working parts of a project.
Dr. Raida has a PhD – Electrical Engineering from UNIVERSITE PIERRE ET MARIE CURIE (Paris), and a Masters Degree in Physics from UNIVERSITE des SCIENCES et TECHNIQUES du LANGUEDOC Montpellier, France.
She has more than 23 years of experience managing projects including the implementation of ERP Solutions for IBM clients in France, within multinational companies including: Aventis, European Agency Defence and Space (EADS), Framatome, Unilever, Aerospatiale, Aventis, Technip, Matra Transport, and Hoechst Marion Roussel.
Mohamed Katati, PMP
Educator, Trainer & Project Manager
With over 15 years of Project Management instruction, Mohamed combines teaching skills with Project Management skills and knowledge very effectively. He is reputed to consistently demonstrate patience and dedication towards his students, grooming them to be proficient project managers.
- Degree in Engineering, higher Diploma in Business Management, Higher diploma in Adult education
- Certified Instructor, Ontario Colleges: 8 years of experience teaching Business, Project management, automation, PMO and international business in Lambton, Centennial, Greystone colleges in Toronto
- Recognized corporate trainer: 15 years of experience Training professionals in different capacities and requirements; Sales Force, MS dynamics, Project management, communication and presentation skills, Marketing and project scheduling.
- Seasoned project manager: 18 years of experience as a project manager, worked on all methodologies, small and medium projects in oil and gas, instrumentation, software implementations, telecom and utility billing software.
- Managed small and medium size projects: from 200K to 20 million budgets
- Experienced curriculum designer: designing college modules, training materials, Project management exam prep course summaries, customized courses based on corporate requirements, market demands and local business needs to deliver optimum learning for desired results
- Diverse Experience: 18 years of International experience; Middle East, Gulf region, Europe, US and Canada; dealing with clients from many backgrounds and building a successful track record
- Achievements: Presentation skills award 2015, AAA toastmaster public speaking 2016, Project managers creativity award 2013, top 50 immigrant college instructors list 2018
- Member of PMI, CTDP Canada, CMC
PMVISION reserves the right to postpone/cancel an event, or change the location of an event because of insufficient enrollments, instructor illness or force-majeure events.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Reserve your seat fee: Non Refundable. To be refunded if the class is cancelled by PMVISION
- In case PMVISION cancels an event, 100% refund will be paid to the delegate.
- If the cancellation is done by the delegate within 48 hours of subscribing, 10% will be deducted as administration fee.
- If a cancellation is done by a delegate 7 days or more, prior to the event, 20% will be deducted as administration fee.
- If a cancellation is done by a delegate 7 days or less, prior to the event, no refunds will be made
- Bookings made at discounted prices ( Including Early Bird Booking) cannot be cancelled.
- If you will have to travel to attend the course, please don’t make any travel arrangements until we confirm the class. We usually usually confirm the class by emails at least one week prior to the start date.
IMPORTANT: We recommend waiting to book any non-refundable travel until 1 week before the start of class. PMVISION is not responsible for any loss incurred as a result of a canceled class. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions.
Certificate of Completion (PDF Format) is available upon attending the course.