Data Analytics Using Excel | Excel Advanced Training Course | Designed For Excel 365, 2019, 2016, 2013
By 2022, Data Analyst and Data Scientist will be one of the top jobs required by many local and global employers. Their main role is to deal with the data starting from its collection up to developing business understanding for decision making purposes. Building such skills became very mandatory for many who are seeking challenging career. In this era of digital transformation, no excuses for anyone not to be equipped with the data analysis skills. Looking around us now, we can easily realize that everything is based on data and their analytics.
Whether your task is in finance, human resource, marketing, sales, operations, you will always be confronted with any kind of data that you wonder how can you extract meaningful insights from it to help you and your organization make realistic decisions.
Then many more questions will pop up in your mind such as; Do I have the right data? What should I look at and for? Does the data say anything concerning the customers needs? How can I build a dashboard to help me make decisions? More and more questions may come up, but the answers are yet to know when you learn how to deal with the data.
Training Type: Classroom Training – Downtown Toronto
Course Level: Microsoft Excel Advanced Level Series
Number of students per session: Our class sizes are typically 4-6 students per session. Our classes are intentionally kept small in order to foster more interaction between the instructor and students. We limit classes to a maximum of six (6) students unless we are teaching a private group or organization. Each student is provided with a laptop with Microsoft Excel 2016 Or Excel 2019 (Windows) already installed.
Locations: Downtown Toronto ( 1 Yonge St, Suite 1801- Executive Boardroom ). The training is also offered at other locations including Mississauga, Scarborough, Ottawa & Montreal. Please contact to discuss an alternate course location.
Duration: 3 Days (09 AM – 5 PM)
Special Offers: Sign up with a friend and save 5% each – Sign up with 2 friends and save 10%
Bring your laptop: Save $ 25 “$ 775 only” (Your laptop with Microsoft Excel 2016 or Excel 2019 installed). You can get Microsoft office including Excel 2019 for less than $15/Month from Microsoft Office Official site. Select Office 365 Business
Corporate Training: Contact us for special offers
This Data Analysis Using Excel training course will help the participants think about the data required for a particular business issue, analyze the data, draw final conclusions and develop strong recommendations for the business owners or for the board. Most importantly during this training the participants will understand the basic and the foundation of data analysis from scientific perspectives and will learn how to apply them in the real-life using Microsoft Excel.
This 24-hour (3 days) Course will include hands-on activities and will require working in groups to enhance the learning experience.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have working knowledge with Excel 2013, Excel 2016 or Excel 2019. This Advanced Microsoft Excel training course is suitable for those with a sound working knowledge of Excel who wish to progress to the most complicated functions and features used in Data Analyisis . Also this course is suitable for those who attended our Excel Intermediate Level or Excel Advanced Level course.
Key Issues To Be Covered
The Methodology of Decision Making: We all need Framework, “Build the Culture”
- The Process for Decision Making Design
- Identifying Business Issues (The Need for Decision Making)
- Stakeholders Analysis (Who should be involved?
- Asking the Right Question? The important 3 questions for the business
- Identifying the Key Variables and Factors: Best Practice vs. Theories!
- Developing the Macro-Level Framework (Relational vs. Causality)
- Developing the Micro-Level Framework (Measurements Level)
- Types of Data and Scales (Quantitative, Qualitative)
- Data Collection: What to collect? How to collect?
Quantitative Data Analysis for Decision Making: Thinking Quantitatively
Understanding our Data and Estimating the Truth
- Sample vs. Population
- Statistics vs. Parameters
- Descriptive vs. Inferential Data Analysis (Predictive Analytics)
Decision Making: Level Zero
- Data Representations, Numerical and Graphical Methods
- Descriptive Data Analysis
Decision Making: The Next Level
- The Pros and Cons of the Point Estimate-Based Decision Making
- The Necessity for the Interval Estimate-Based Decision Making
Probability Concepts – Probability Based Decision Making
- Type of Probabilities
- Discrete and Continuous Distributions – The Meaning of Distributions and its applications and importance in Decision Making Process
- Application: Monte Carlo Simulation for Risk Analysis
Measuring and Quantifying the Impact – Types
- Differences and Relationships as the way to estimate the effect
- Tools for Assessing the Significance of the Impact
Correlations and Linear Regressions for Predictive Model Building
Since this training program is a Data Analytics introductory level course, then all levels and all business functions staff are welcome to attend and learn the foundations of data analysis. Moreover, if you are thinking to enter the data related career and build strong foundation in data analysis, then this course is your gate to this wonderful and promising arena.
Learning Objectives and Skills To Be Acquired
Participants of the training course will learn:
- The process for designing the decision
- How to identify and validate the business problem and issue?
- How to conceptualize the business problem by developing the appropriate framework?
- How to define the main business questions?
- How to determine the needed data and information for decision making?
- How to measure and collect the required data?
- How to analyze quantitatively the information in hand for decision making?
- How to build simple models for forecasting purpose?
- What is the most important information a decision maker needs before taking a critical action?
- Why two decision makers take different actions while they get the same information?
- How companies formulate their strategy and action plans based on data?
Moreover, this training will help participants acquire or/and develop several skills such as, quantitative decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking.
For more details about Microsoft Excel , please visit the product official page EXCEL 2016