Excel Dashboards – Excel Advanced Topic Class | Designed for Excel 365, 2019, 2016, 2013
Training Type: Classroom Training – Toronto
Other options : Online Training- On-site at your company office ” Anywhere”
Course Level: Excel Advanced Topics Series.
Number of students per session: Our class sizes are typically 4-6 students per session. Our classes are intentionally kept small in order to foster more interaction between the instructor and students. We limit classes to a maximum of six (6) students unless we are teaching a private group or organization. Each student is provided with a laptop with Microsoft Excel 2019 (Windows) already installed.
Locations: Toronto ” 1 Yonge Street”, Mississauga, Scarborough, Hamilton and Barrie. Mississauga ( 55 Village Centre Pl, Mississauga, ON L4Z 1V9). Barrie” 92 Caplan Ave. Barrie, ON, L4N 9J2″. For Advanced Excel Course, go to Toronto GTA Excel Advanced Training
Duration: 1 day ( 10 AM- 5 PM) – Weekend and weekdays courses
Special Offers: Sign up with a friend and save 5% each – Sign up with 2 friends and save 10%
Bring your laptop: Save $25 ($275 only) (Your laptop with Microsoft Excel 2013, 2016 or Excel 2019 installed). You can get Microsoft office including MS.Excel 2019 for less than $15/Month from Microsoft Office Official site. Select Office 365 Business
Corporate Training: Contact us for special offers
This Excel Dashboards training course is designed for students wanting to take their Excel Reporting skills to the next level by learning how to build Professional, easily update-able reports and Dashboards.
By the completion of this Excel Dashboards (Excel 2019) training course, you will be comfortable with preparing your data for building interactive reports and dashboards, and making your charts and visualizations Dynamic
With the ability to handle advanced tasks in Excel, you’ll be able to get more power out of your worksheets and be able to dramatically shorten your task times and increase your efficiency in the process.
Our Microsoft Excel Dashboards training course is suitable for those with a sound working knowledge of Excel who wish to learn how to prepare Excel Dashboards . Also the training is suitable for those who took our Excel Intermediate Level Course and Excel Advanced Course
- Students should know common Lookup functions like VLOOKUP & HLOOKUP, INDEX& MATCH.
- Students should know summing and counting functions such as COUNTIF,COUNTIFS,SUMIF,SUMIFS and also the IF function.
- Students should have good understanding of working with pivot tables.
- Students should have basic understanding of how to create charts in Excel.
Students who have Intermediate Excel skills and wanting to take their Excel Reporting skills to the next level by learning how to build Professional, easily updateable reports and Dashboards
At the end of the course you should be able to:
- Know how to prepare your data for building interactive reports and dashboards.
- Know how to choose the color theme for your dashboards.
- Learn more tricks for using lookup functions like VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX & MATCH more efficiently.
- employ different tricks to make your charts and visualizations Dynamic.
- Learn special kinds of charts such as the bullet charts, waterfall charts, Pareto Chart, Gantt Chart, Speedometer Chart, Map Chart.
- Know how to professionally use the form controls in Excel to create professional Interactive reports and Dashboards.
- Learn how to effectively use slicers to control your reports and dashboards.
- Learn different dashboarding techniques that can make you update your reports and dashboards with just a few clicks
- We will also demonstrate step by step how to build a full dashboard in the class.
- Introduction to Dashboards
- Conditional Formatting: Cell Highlighting, Data Bars, Icon Sets, Color Scales, Logic Function Review, and Formula Based Conditional Formats
- Basic Charting: Column Charts, Pie Charts , Line Charts, Scatter Plots, and Sunburst Charts and Treemaps
- Advanced Charting: Combination Charts (Column and Line, Area and Line) , Plotting Data Using the Secondary Axis, Bullet Charts, Waterfall Charts, Sparklines, Forecast Sheets, and Micro Charting
- Adding Interactivity to Your Dashboard: Understanding the MATCH() Function, Pinpoint Data with INDEX(MATCH()), Benefits of NA Values, Data Validation,and Working with Form Controls
- Leveraging Pivot Data in Dashboards: Intro to Pivot Tables, Applying Conditional Formats to Pivot Tables, Filtering and Linking Dashboards Using Slicers, Extracting Data Points with GETPIVOTDATA(), and Using Pivot Charts.
- Dashboarding Techniques: Understanding Custom Number Formats, Displaying Variances with Custom Number Formats, Conditional Formatting of Chart Axes, In-Cell Charts Using the REPT() Function, Display Emojis in Your Dashboards, Displaying Indicators on Charts, and VLOOKUP() for Pictures
Included Course Materials
- Course workbook “PDF” including step-by-step course exercises complete with many actual screen captures and advanced project tips, exercises and answers
- Data files with all applicable Microsoft Excel files used in the course
- Certificate of completion (PDF)
For more details about Microsoft Excel , please visit the product official page EXCEL 2016