Filling an open position or creating and filling a new position is a challenging task for any manager or HR professional. The objective is to attract, select and place the best possible candidate.
Finding the right person for the job can be difficult, especially in a tight employment market for a high demand or unique skill set. Getting the approval to expand your team or filling an open position during times of economic challenges also puts additional pressure on you to make the best hiring decision possible.
Applying a consistent Interviewing and Selection process, focused on assessing the candidates’ ability to succeed in the key job requirements, will increase the success of your hiring decisions. When you match the right candidate to the right job, everyone benefits – the new hire, you as the hiring manager, the team and the organization.
• Apply the process to identify the required activities when filling an open position
• Structure your activities and line of questioning to protect all candidates’ legal and human rights
• Define the key job requirements for the position, and identify the points in the process when each requirement will be assessed
• Structure and conduct behavioral interviews to gather meaningful candidate information
• Assess the candidates’ ability to demonstrate or perform the key job requirements
• Use the information collected to build consensus and make sound hiring decisions
The format of this course is 100% online. Prior to the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System.
Certificate of Completion is available upon finishing studying the course.
To qualify for your Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 70% or more in each of the course assessments.