Microsoft Power BI Training | Power BI Introduction Level Training Classes
Course: Microsoft Power BI Training Course
Training Type: Classroom Training – Downtown Toronto
Course Level: Introduction Level
Number of students per session: Our class sizes are typically 4-6 students per session. Our classes are intentionally kept small in order to foster more interaction between the instructor and students. We limit classes to a maximum of six (6) students unless we are teaching a private group or organization. Each student is provided with a laptop(Windows)
Locations: Downtown Toronto ( 1 Yonge St, Suite 1801- Executive Boardroom ). ( 1 Yonge St), Also we offer the course in Mississauga, Scarborough, Oakville, Hamilton & Barrie. Mississauga ( 55 Village Centre Pl, Mississauga, ON L4Z 1V9). Barrie (92 Caplan Ave, Barrie ON L4N 9J2) or ( at Georgian college (One Georgian Dr. Barrie, ON L4M 3X9). The training is also offered at other locations including Scarborough, Hamilton, Ajax, Burlington, Niagara Falls, Ottawa & Montreal. Please contact to discuss an alternate course location.
Duration: 1 weekend : Sat-Sun ( 10 AM- 4: 30 PM) . Or Weekdays : 2 days ( 10 AM- 4: 30 PM)
Special Offers: Sign up with a friend and save 5% each – Sign up with 2 friends and save 10%
Corporate Training: Contact us for special offers ( Training at our location or on site at your location, anytime , anywhere). We can deliver the training to anywhere within Toronto GTA and surrounding area including Oakville, Hamilton, Pickering, Burlington, Oshawa, Ajax, Guelph, Milton, Whitby, Newmarket, Niagara Falls, Burlington.
Power Bi is a cloud-based service provided by Microsoft to help you gain intelligent insight from your data. This Microsoft Power BI training course aims to familiarize subscribers to Power BI with the key features and operations of the Power BI service, as well as with the use of Power BI Desktop to prepare reports.
Delegates will learn how to connect to local data sources and online services; customize and transform data sources to suit their own requirements; model data by creating relationships, calculated columns and measures; create reports using a wide variety of visualizations; publish reports to the Power BI service; distribute reports and dashboards both internally and to a wider audience; and schedule automatic refreshes of their datasets.
Power BI Training Course Outline
- The key components of Power BI; What is Power BI Desktop; The Power BI service; Power BI free vs Power BI Pro; Power BI vs Excel add-ins; Dashboards, reports and datasets
Connecting to software services
- Understanding content packs for services; Google Analytics content pack; Salesforce content pack; Microsoft Dynamics CRM content pack
Getting data into Power BI
- Connecting to data sources in the Power BI service; Connecting to data sources in Power BI Desktop; Importing excel workbooks; Importing Access databases; Connecting to SQL Server
Cleaning up and transforming data
- Using the Query Editor; Creating a query; Understanding query steps; Automatically generated steps; Removing query steps; Modifying query steps; Renaming columns; Reordering and removing columns; Changing data types; The close & apply command
- Working in data view; Working in relationship view; Auto-detection of table relationships; Creating table relationships manually; Setting cardinality; Cross filter direction
- Creating Calculated columns; Creating measures; Understanding row context; Understanding filter context; The SUMX function; The CALCULATE function; The ALL function; The FILTER function; Using time intelligence functions
- Working in report view; Creating tables and key metrics; Working with matrixes; Filtering data with slicers
- Creating column and bar charts; Creating line and area charts; Creating scatter charts; Treemap visualizations; Using charts as slicers; Using maps with geographical data; Using custom visuals in your reports
- Publishing Power BI Desktop reports; Printing and exporting dashboards and reports; Creating Groups in the Power BI service; Creating content Packs; Assigning groups to content packs; Sharing dashboards with your organization; Publishing reports to the web; Embedding a report in a web page
Creating Power BI Mobile Content
- Optimizing visuals for small viewports; Creating a phone version of a dashboard; Creating phone-optimised reports
Consuming and customizing content
- Browsing group content; Using content packs; Creating read-only versions; Using Quick Insights in Power BI; Creating dashboards from your reports; Querying with natural language; Creating custom Q & A suggestions
- Setting up a personal gateway; Customizing dataset refresh settings; Scheduling a refresh frequency; Setting up enterprise gateways; Managing enterprise gateways; Adding and removing data sources, Creating live connections to data
What you will Learn from the Power BI Training
- You will learn how to connect to a wide variety of data sources, using both Power BI Desktop, and the Power BI Service.
- You will be able to use the Query Editor to transform and morph data into the right format for your reporting purposes.
- You will be able to perform complex data modelling operations using relationships, calculated columns, measures, and DAX expressions.
- You will learn how to share dashboards and reports, with colleagues, business partners and potential clients; and how to use Power BI’s sophisticated security features to control the exact content your audience is able to view.
Participants should have a strong knowledge of Excel 2010, 2013 or 2016, 2019 or 365 and have and understanding of data analysis.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs a solid understanding of the skills required to use Power BI.
Included Course Materials
- Course workbook “PDF” including step-by-step course exercises complete with many actual screen captures and advanced project tips, exercises and answers
- Data files with all applicable Microsoft Excel files used in the course
- Certificate of completion (PDF)