Microsoft Project Training Course Overview:
The Microsoft Project Training Course will prepare you for efficiently track your project teams, schedules, tasks and finances, manage your entire project and accurately report your progression to date. This instructor-led course presents the basic concepts of MS Project. You will create a project plan containing tasks, organize these tasks in a work breakdown structure containing task relationships, create and assign resources, finalize the project to implement the project plan and keep your projects on time and within budget.
Training Type: Classroom Training – Virtual Classroom
Locations: Mississauga , Toronto, Scarborough. Also Available as a Virtual Classroom Training
Duration: 1 weekend : Sat-Sun ( 10 AM- 5 PM) . Or Weekdays : Mon-Tue ( 10 AM- 5 PM)
Special Offers: Sign up with a friend and save 5% each – Sign up with 2 friends and save 15% each
Bring your laptop: $450 only
Corporate Training: Contact us for special offers
This Microsoft Project training course is designed to help you track, manage, and report on the many tasks and resources necessary to complete virtually any project. MS. Project Works in every industry “construction, technology, pharmaceutical” is being organized around projects.
Microsoft Project Training Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. Explore the Microsoft Office Project environment and the various views in which you can verify project information.
2. Create a new project plan.
3. Manage tasks by organizing them and setting task relationships.
4. Manage resources in a project plan.
5. Finalize the project plan.
6. Exchange project plan data with other applications.
7. Update a project plan.
8. Manage project costs.
9. Report project data visually.
10. Reuse project plan information.
Microsoft Project Training Course – Topic Outline:
Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Explore the Microsoft Project 2016 Environment
- Display and Existing Project Plan in Different Views
Creating a Project Plan
- Create a New Project Plan
- Assign a Project Calendar
- Add Tasks to the Project Plan
- Enter the Task Duration Estimates
- Add Resources in the Project Plan
Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Outline Tasks
- Add a Recurring Task
- Link Dependent Tasks
- Set a Constraint to a Task
- Set a Task Deadline
- Add Notes to a Task
Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Assign Additional Resources to Tasks
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Enter Values for Budget Resources
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Finalizing the Project Plan
- Display the Critical Path
- Shorten the Project Duration
- Set a Baseline
- Print a Project Summary Report
Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications
- Import Project Information
- Export Project Plan Data into Excel
- Copy a Picture of the Project Plan Data into Excel
Updating a Project Plan
- Enter Task Progress
- Enter Overtime Work
- Split a Task
- Reschedule a Task
- Filter Tasks
- Set an Interim Plan
- Course workbook “PDF” including step-by-step course exercises complete with many actual screen captures and advanced project tips, exercises and answers
- Data files with all applicable Microsoft Project files used in the course
- Certificate of completion (PDF)
For more details about the software, please visit Microsoft official page Micorsoft Project 2016
You might also be interested in the following courses: