The ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager training course enables participants to acquire the necessary competencies to assist organizations in establishing, managing, and improving an information security risk management (ISRM) program based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005.
Apart from introducing the activities required for establishing an information security risk management program, the training course also elaborates on the best methods and practices related to information security risk management.
By successfully completing this training course, you will be able to:
- Explain the risk management concepts and principles based on ISO/IEC 27005 and ISO 31000
- Establish, maintain, and continually improve an information security risk management framework based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005 and best practices
- Apply information security risk management processes based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005
- Plan and establish risk communication and consultation activities
- Record, report, monitor, and review the information security risk management process and framework
Why should you attend?
Risk management is an essential component of any information security program. An effective information security risk management program enables organizations to detect, address, mitigate, and even prevent information security risks.
The ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager training course provides an information security risk management framework based on ISO/IEC 27005 guidelines, which also supports the general concepts of ISO/IEC 27001. The training course also provides participants with a thorough understanding of other best risk management frameworks and methodologies, such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI, CRAMM, NIST, and Harmonized TRA.
The PECB ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager certificate demonstrates the individual has acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully perform the processes needed for effectively managing information security risks. It also proves that the individual is able to assist organizations in maintaining and continually improving their information security risk management program.
The training course is followed by an exam. If you pass, you can apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager” credential. For more information about the examination process, please refer to the Examination, Certification, and General Information section below
Who should attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Managers or consultants involved in or responsible for information security in an organization
- Individuals responsible for managing information security risks, such as ISMS professionals and risk owners
- Members of information security teams, IT professionals, and privacy officers
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity with the information security requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in an organization
- Project managers, consultants, or expert advisers seeking to master the management of information security risks
The training course provides best practices of risk management that will help participants prepare for real-life situations.
- The training course contains essay-type exercises (some of which are based on a case study) and multiple-choice quizzes (some of which are scenario-based).
- Participants are encouraged to communicate and discuss with each other when completing stand-alone and scenario-based quizzes and exercises.
- The structure of the quizzes is similar to the certification exam
The main requirements for participating in this training course are having a fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27005 and comprehensive knowledge of risk management and information security.
Training Course Structure
Introduction to ISO/IEC 27005 and information security risk management
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Fundamental concepts and principles of information security risk management
- Information security risk management program
- Context establishment
Risk identification, analysis, evaluation, and treatment based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
Information security risk communication and consultation, recording and reporting, and monitoring and review
- Information security risk communication and consultation
- Information security risk recording and reporting
- Information security risk monitoring and review
Risk assessment methods
- OCTAVE and MEHARI methodologies
- EBIOS method
- NIST framework
- CRAMM and TRA methods
- Closing of the training course
- Exam Duration : 3 hours
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager” exam meets all the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security risk management
- Domain 2: Implementation of an information security risk management program
- Domain 3: Information security risk assessment
- Domain 4: Information security risk treatment
- Domain 5: Information security risk communication, monitoring, and improvement
- Domain 6: Information security risk assessment methodologies
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Manager” credential, depending on your level of experience, as shown in the table below. You will receive the certificate once you fulfill all the relevant educational and professional requirements.
Note: To be considered valid, the information security risk management activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
- Defining a risk management approach
- Determining the risk management objectives and scope
- Performing risk assessment
- Developing a risk management program
- Defining risk evaluation and risk acceptance criteria
- Evaluating risk treatment options
- Monitoring and reviewing the risk management program
For more information about ISO/IEC 27005 certifications and the PECB Certification process, please refer to Certification Rules and Policies.