The ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager training course enables participants to understand the process of developing, establishing, maintaining, and improving an information security risk management framework based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005.
Upon the successful completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Explain the risk management concepts and principles outlined by ISO/IEC 27005 and ISO 31000
- Establish, maintain, and improve an information security risk management framework based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005
- Apply information security risk management processes based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005
- Plan and establish risk communication and consultation activities
Why should you attend?
The ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager training course provides valuable information on risk management concepts and principles outlined by ISO/IEC 27005 and also ISO 31000. The training course provides participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to identify, evaluate, analyze, treat, and communicate information security risks based on ISO/IEC 27005. Furthermore, the training course provides an overview of other best risk assessment methods, such as OCTAVE, MEHARI, EBIOS, NIST, CRAMM, and Harmonized TRA.
The PECB ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager certification demonstrates that you comprehend the concepts and principles of information security risk management.
The training course is followed by an exam. After passing the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” credential.
Who should attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Managers or consultants involved in or responsible for information security in an organization
- Individuals responsible for managing information security risks
- Members of information security teams, IT professionals, and privacy officers
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity with the information security requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in an organization
- Project managers, consultants, or expert advisers seeking to master the management of information security risks
The training course is based on the theory and the best practices of information security.
- The training course provides practical examples and scenarios.
- Participants are encouraged to actively participate and engage in discussions and exercises and quizzes.
- Quizzes are similar in structure with the certification exam
Why is this training course more desirable than the others?
This training course teaches how risk assessment for information security is done by combining the information on ISO/IEC 27005 and ISO/IEC 27001. In addition to theoretical knowledge, this training course is equipped with practical exercises, quizzes, case studies, all of which make it a very engaging training course.
This training course with its probing questions and exercises will inspire you to get to know your organization in detail. When focusing on risk management for a successful ISMS, you need to be very clear on what, how, when, why you are doing, and also who will be involved. This training course aims to give you the inquisitive attitude that a good risk manager must have.
What will the certification allow you to do?
Certification is the formal recognition and proof of knowledge which plays an important role when you are entering the labor market, or when you want to advance in your career. Due to the technological advancements and the complexity of cyberattacks, the demand for professionals in information security risk assessment and managing continues to grow.
As such, the ISO/ IEC 27005 Risk Manager certification has become the norm for best-practice in risk assessment for information security. By obtaining a certification, you showcase a certain skill level which will display added value not only to your professional career but to your organization as well. This can help you stand out from the crowd and increase your earning potential
Training Course Structure
Introduction to ISO/IEC 27005 and risk management
- Training course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Fundamental concepts and principles of information security risk management
- Information security risk management program
- Context establishment)
Risk assessment, risk treatment, and risk communication and consultation based on ISO/IEC 27005
- ISO/IEC 27005
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Information security risk communication and consultation
Risk recording and reporting, monitoring and review, and risk assessment methods
- Information security risk recording and reporting
- Information security risk monitoring and review
- OCTAVE and MEHARI methodologies
- EBIOS method and NIST framework
- CRAMM and TRA methods
- Closing of the training course
- Exam Duration : 2 hours
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager” exam meets all the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security risk management
- Domain 2: Implementation of an information security risk management program
- Domain 3: Information security risk management framework and processes based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Domain 4: Other information security risk assessment methods
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for one of the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you meet the requirements related to the selected credential
Note: To be considered valid, these information security activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
- Defining a risk management approach
- Determining the risk management objectives and scope
- Conducting a risk assessment
- Developing a risk management program
- Defining risk evaluation and risk acceptance criteria
- Evaluating risk treatment options
- Monitoring and reviewing the risk management program
For more information about ISO/IEC 27005 certifications and the PECB Certification process, please refer to Certification Rules and Policies.