Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E) Training | Scrum.org
Training Type: Virtual Classroom Training- Instructor Led Training
Fee : $1400 plus tax
Duration: 2 days ( 9 AM – 5 PM) – 16 Hours
Options: Weekdays ( Monday – Tue) OR Weekends ( Sat- Sun) Or Evenings ( 5 p.m.-9 p.m.)
Number of students per session: Our Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E) Certification Training course and Exam Prep class sizes are typically 4-6 students per session. Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E) Training course classes are intentionally kept small in order to foster more interaction between the instructor and students. We limit classes to a maximum of six (6) students unless we are teaching a private group or organization.
Special Offers: Sign up with a friend and save 5% each – 2 friends: 10% – 3 friends: 15%
Corporate Training: Contact us for special offers
Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E) Training
Leaders and managers of Agile teams face many challenges as their organizations transition and transform. This Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course will be delivered virtually and over 2 day sessions. This course is designed to help those leaders explore how to create an environment that supports agility, empowering teams and enabling their organizations to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach. This workshop is a unique mix of theory and practice, optimized for the best learning experience.
After the class, students will get a passcode to take the PAL I assessment. After passing the assessment, students will gain the industry recognized PAL 1 certification, which will never expire.
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course provides a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful Agile transformation. Students explore how the principles and values of Scrum help guide leaders in the decisions they make to create an environment for agility to thrive.
Leaders in Agile environments can find their role to be quite different from what they are used to, shifting focus to enabling self-organizing teams to creatively solve complex problems. Students in this PAL-E class will discover perspectives and techniques for fostering growth in people in the various Scrum roles in order to sustain long-term agility to the benefit of their
What You’ll Learn
To succeed in a changing world, organizations need to become more agile, more responsive to customer needs and market changes. This workshop will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- An understanding of how agility can help you improve your organization’s performance
- An understanding of how you, as a manager or leader, can help your organization achieve the benefits of agility
- An understanding of how culture and values influence your organization’s ability to reap the benefits of agility
- Practical skills for helping to guide and coach agile teams, and to help them remove impediments
- An understanding of how to measure the benefits and impacts of agility in your organization
In this course, students will:
- Identify potential opportunities, challenges and impacts of Agile in terms of business value and why this is so important to the next generation organization
- Understand techniques to support teams to sustain long-term agility including the role that leaders play, shifts in thinking, and the relationship between complexity and empiricism
- Discover ways to continue the development of the people to help them grow and prosper in an agile way of working
- Explore how to measure and guide agile product delivery
Who Should Attend
- Leaders who are involved in the adoption of Agility in their organizations
- Those leading one or more Scrum teams, including Scrum Masters, Product Owners and members of a Development Team
- Managers who are responsible for developing people in the Scrum teams
- Senior Executives, acting as a sponsor for and developing leadership for the Agile transformation
Students will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have read and studied the Scrum Guide
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Want to expand their capabilities as an Agile leader, to the benefit of their organization
- Why Agile matters
- Agile challenges
- Leaders sustain agility
- Developing people
- Measuring agility
What Is Included
- Course materials
- All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership – Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) certification assessment of value $200. (One free attempt).
- Another FREE attempt of PAL-I ($200) if the first attempt is made within 14 days after the class AND if the participant doesn’t pass in the first attempt.
- Course reference guide as soft copy
- Additionally, participants can claim 14 SEUs and/or PDUs towards their Scrum Alliance and PMI certificate renewal.
Assessment and Certification
All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) assessment, included in the cost of the course. If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PAL I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no cost.
This industry-recognized PAL certification requires a minimum passing score.
- Fee: $200 USD per attempt
- Passing score: 85%
- Time limit: 60 minutes
- Number of Questions: 36
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Language: English only
PMI PDU Credits
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), or Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) course and 21 PDUs after attending a three-day Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) course.
Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
Should your course be rescheduled or canceled, you have the option of rescheduling to another course or receive a full refund. Please note rescheduling requests will be sent no later than 14 days before the start date.
We recommend waiting to book any non-refundable travel until two weeks before the start of class. PMVISION is not responsible for any loss incurred as a result of a canceled class. Please email: email@example.com for any additional questions.
If you are not able to attend the class you have registered for please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you send in your notification at least 30 calendar days prior to the start of the class you are eligible for a full refund or you may reschedule for a future class. Cancellations made 29 calendar days to 14 calendar days prior to the start of the class are eligible to reschedule for a future class or for an 80% refund. If you cancel within 14 calendar days from the start of a class, or if you do not attend the class, you will not be eligible for a refund or credit. Cancellation requests should be sent via email to email@example.com
Related scrum.org Certifications Training:
Professional Scrum Master PSM Training Course
Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) Training Course
Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)
Professional Product Owner – Advanced (PSPO-A) course
Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) course
Applying Professional Scrum (APS) Training