The next step after Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification, the Program Management Professional (PgMP)® credential from Project Management Institute (PMI)® addresses the community of professionals who are responsible for the coordinated management of multiple projects that are in alignment with organizational objectives. They are required to direct and manage complex activities that may span functions, organizations, cultures and geographies.
Our comprehensive workshop covers the Project Management process from beginning to end, honing your skills in the six prime focus areas: Governance, Prioritization, Escalation, Resource Management, Benefits Realization, and Stakeholder Management. As a PgMP® credential holder, you will be able to promote better integration and coordination of multiple projects for the overall benefit of the program.
- Get the basics of Project Management Institute’s framework of handling complex multiple related projects (program)
- Learn what a program is, and how it is different from a project or a portfolio
- Understand program management skills, competencies, tools and techniques with practical sample templates, and forms for managing programs
- Initiate and organize a large-scale program to implement business strategy
- Learn how to structure and govern a program
- Establish and implement program governance to ensure consistent alignment with organizational strategy
- Learn to sequence projects, budgets, schedules and optimize resource allocation
- Set up effective communication, collaboration and reporting structures, coordinate all ongoing operations
- Improve the effectiveness of an organization’s approach to program management
- Coordinate stakeholder relationships smoothly
- Manage, execute and control a successful program consisting of multiple, related projects
You will also get:
- 21 PDUs
- Course delivered by certified instructors
- Group discussion learning through instructor-led training
- PMI® Exam Application Form assistance with end-to-end support
- Quiz to test your knowledge
- Downloadable e-book
Who can attend?
Team Leads, Sponsors, Project Directors, Program Managers, Portfolio Managers, or Project Management Office (PMO) Heads wishing to know more about the processes/benefits of the Program Management approach in supporting organizational strategy can attend this course.
To apply for the Program Management Professional (PgMP)®, you need to have either:
- A Four-year Degree (Bachelors or Global equivalent), with at least four years of Project Management experience and four years of Program Management experience.
- A Secondary Diploma (High school or Global equivalent), with at least four years of Project Management experience and seven years of Program Management experience.
Note: If you do not meet these requirements, please consider the Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential.
Register and log in to PMI®s Online System to get started.
A printable PgMP® application form is also available.
You can always refer the PgMP® Handbook for further information.
As part of PMI®s Continuing Certification Requirements program, a PgMP® credential holder will need to earn 60 PDUs per three-year cycle.