Successfully managing a project requires effective planning and adherence to the industry’s best practices in every step of the process. By understanding the fundamentals of project management, you will be better prepared to initiate a project in your organization and position it for success. In this course, you will identify effective project management practices and their related processes.
At this point in your professional development, you are ready to take on the responsibility for managing projects. You can manage a project by developing a solid understanding of the fundamentals of project management and its underlying structure and elements, including project phases, project life cycles, stakeholders, and areas of expertise. These, coupled with the ability to identify the project management processes that are recognized industry-wide as good practice, will help you to apply effective project management techniques to improve the efficiency of your projects and ensure their success.
In this course, you will examine the elements of sound project management and apply the generally recognized practices to successfully manage projects.
- Identify the key processes and requirements of project management.
- Initiate a project.
- Plan for time and cost.
- Plan for project risks, communication, and change control.
- Execute, manage, and control a project.
- Close a project.
- Anyone who is considering a career path in project management and desiring a complete overview of the field and its generally accepted practices can benefit from this course.
- Some on-the-job experience in participating in managed projects would be preferable.
Project Management Fundamentals – PDU Allocation Table:
You will earn 30 PMI Pre-Approved PDUs toward your PMI Certifications as following: