The course covers the key concepts, techniques, and methodologies relevant to the process of developing information systems (IS).
This course provides an introduction to information systems analysis techniques. The student will be provided with the skills that are necessary for the analysis and design of information systems, and will apply these skills in a step-by-step manner leading from the recognition of a problem to the implementation of a solution on a case study.
- Introduction to information systems concepts and the systems development life cycle process
- Current and future trends in systems development methodologies, and overview of current techniques, approaches and tools
- Systems development life cycle process within a business context, its organizational implications, and the roles of systems professionals
- Preliminary investigation – problem definition and feasibility analysis
- Requirements definition – techniques and approaches, both structured and object-oriented
- Prototyping and rapid application development
- Analysis and design of data
- Analysis and design of processes
- Analysis and design of interfaces
- Systems reporting and documentation
- Project planning, management and control
- Systems construction, testing and implementation
- Systems operation, support and security