Using Formulas for Financial Analysis in MS.Excel | Excel Advanced Training Course | Designed for Excel 365, 2019, 2016, 2013
Spreadsheets got their start in the accounting and finance departments back when it was all done with paper and pencil. And even though Excel has grown far beyond a simple electronic ledger sheet, it’s still a required tool in business.
In this course, you’ll learn some formulas commonly used in accounting, finance, and other areas of businesses.
Training Type: Classroom Training – Downtown Toronto
Course Level: Microsoft Excel Advanced Level Series
Number of students per session: Our class sizes are typically 4-6 students per session. Our classes are intentionally kept small in order to foster more interaction between the instructor and students. We limit classes to a maximum of six (6) students unless we are teaching a private group or organization. Each student is provided with a laptop with Microsoft Excel 2016 Or Excel 2019 (Windows) already installed.
Locations: Downtown Toronto ( 1 Yonge St, Suite 1801- Executive Boardroom ). The training is also offered at other locations including Mississauga, Scarborough, Ottawa & Montreal. Please contact to discuss an alternate course location.
Duration: 1 Day (10 AM – 5 PM)
Special Offers: Sign up with a friend and save 5% each – Sign up with 2 friends and save 10%
Bring your laptop: Save $ 25 “$ 275 only” (Your laptop with Microsoft Excel 2016 or Excel 2019 installed). You can get Microsoft office including Excel 2019 for less than $15/Month from Microsoft Office Official site. Select Office 365 Business
Corporate Training: Contact us for special offers
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Excel 2016 more common business and financial oriented formulas that you may be asked to create when working as a business analyst using Excel.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience working with Excel 2016. This Advanced Microsoft Excel training course is suitable for those with a sound working knowledge of Excel who wish to progress to the most complicated functions and features used in business and financial sectors . Also this course is suitable for those who attended our Or our Excel Intermediate Level course.
Students taking this course are experienced Excel users who want to learn how to use common business and financial oriented formulas like EBIT, EBITDA, cost of goods sold , break even, and Calculating customer churn.
Performing Common Business Calculations
- Calculating gross profit margin and gross profit margin percent: Calculating markup.
- Calculating EBIT and EBITDA
- Calculating cost of goods sold.
- Calculating return on assets.
- Calculating return on equity.
- Calculating break even.
- Calculating customer churn.
- Calculating annual churn rate.
- Calculating average customer lifetime value.
- Calculating employee turnover.
Leveraging Microsoft Excel’s Financial Functions
- Converting interest rates : Computing effective rate with FV
- Creating a loan payment calculator: Creating an amortization schedule
- Creating a variable-rate mortgage amortization schedule.: Using dates instead of payment numbers
- Calculating depreciation: Calculating accelerated depreciation
- Calculating present value: Calculating the present value of future payments
- Calculating net present value: Calculating positive and negative cash flows.
- Calculating an internal rate of return: Calculating nonperiodic future cash flows.
- Performing financial forecasting.
Included Course Materials
- Course workbook “PDF” including step-by-step course exercises complete with many actual screen captures and advanced project tips, exercises and answers
- Data files with all applicable Microsoft Excel files used in the course
- Certificate of completion (PDF)
For more details about Microsoft Excel , please visit the product official page EXCEL 2016