In today’s competitive landscape, managers across all functions and industries are expected to have a firm grasp of managerial accounting in order to make better-informed financial and operational decisions. Even non-financial managers must have the analytical skills to interpret financial data, perform price/break-even analysis, and evaluate business performance.
This Managerial Accounting course is an intended for business, engineering, or IT professionals who seek a fundamental understanding of managerial accounting, and how to make real-time business decisions. A general understanding of mathematics is required.
This course teaches you how to extract and modify costs in order to make informed managerial decisions. . Topics include cost accounting terminology, job costing, process costing, activity-based costing, activity-based management, cost-volume-profit analysis, budgeting, standard costing, profit planning, responsibility accounting, variable costing, Differential Analysis and performance measurements.
The lesson “Overview” below is a sample lesson
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
• Identify appropriate managerial accounting tools to use in managerial decision making.
• Analyze and use managerial accounting reports to make business decisions.
• Apply managerial accounting and its objectives in a way that demonstrates a clear understanding of ethical responsibilities.
• Prepare various costing schedules where an analysis of cost classification, behaviour, and type is completed.
• Apply and analyze different types of activity-based management tools through the preparation of estimates.
• Analyze cost-volume-profit techniques to determine optimal managerial decisions.
• Prepare a master budget and demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the components.
• Perform cost variance analysis and demonstrate the use of standard costs in flexible budgeting.
Self-Paced online training, 6 Months access
See sample lesson here
Certificate of Completion (PDF) is available upon finishing studying the course.
To qualify for your Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 70% or more in each of the course assessments.