Six Sigma is a management strategy which uses data and statistical measurement tools to optimize business processes. Being used initially by big companies such as Motorola and General Electrics (GE), Six Sigma applies instruments and techniques with the aim of eliminating defects and decreasing the process variation.
- Learn the fundamental principles of process improvement
- Manage projects using the familiar DMAIC methodology
- Leverage the GRES methodology for problem-solving
- Apply basic statistical analyses when appropriate to support improvement efforts
- Learn how to verify process improvements by using statistical and common sense methods
- Facilitate Green Belt process improvement projects
- Learn how to shift processes, reduce variation, stabilize processes, and improve their capabilities
Why should you attend?
This training enables you to develop and certify the technical knowledge and skills of a Six Sigma Green Belt. The course is characterized by experiential learning, personalized labs, skill-based training, practical statistics, 1:1 attention, and immediately usable decision trees and job aides. Certification is based on a project simulation, in-class assignments, examination, and participation.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved with and committed to process improvements
- Individuals seeking to improve business, production, or service processes
- Six Sigma project team leaders and/ or team members
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of Six Sigma projects
Training Course Structure
Introduction to Six Sigma Green Belt and Define
- Course Objectives and Structure
- Course Overview
- Introduction to Six Sigma Green Belt Training
- Project Stakeholders
- D1 Project Selection
- D2 Scope Projects
- D3 Develop Charter
- M1 Detailed Process Maps
- M2 Data Analysis
- M3 Data Management Plans
- M4 Algebra Review & Summary Statistics
- M5 Graphical Displays
- M6 Time Based Displays
- A1 Value Add Analysis
- A2 Stratification Analysis
- A3 Root Cause Analysis
Improve and Control
- I1 Process Improvement
- I2 Project Validation
- C1 Control Methods
- C2 Control Charts
- C3 Sustainability
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Closing the Training
- Exam Duration : 3 hours
The “PECB Certified Six Sigma Green Belt” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles of Six Sigma Green Belt
- Domain 2: Implementation of the rigorous DMAIC methodology
- Domain 3: The use of data-based decision making
- Domain 4: Planning and completing Six Sigma projects
- Domain 5: Interpretation of statistical tools
- Domain 6: Improvement of processes and how to solve organizational problems
- After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below
- You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential
The requirements for PECB Six Sigma Green Belt Certifications are:
For more information about the Six Sigma Green Belt certification and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The project experience should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Validating project selection and scope
- Identifying stakeholders
- Mapping processes with data
- Validating measurement system
- Validating root causes
- Developing potential solutions
- Validating improvements
- Developing sustainability plan
- Determining business impact
- Validating sustainability
Why is Six Sigma important for you?
The certification against Six Sigma and the application of its methodologies in your work life can have tremendous impact in your future business career. Having Six Sigma Certification on your resume proves your commitment in improving the business processes through efficient employment of scarce resources and systematic focus on customer expectations and needs. The implementation of Six Sigma strategies will enable you to drive performance levels to very low defect ranges.
Moreover, as a certified Six Sigma professional, you will be able to transform and empower an organization by enhancing revenues through the reduction and elimination of errors which would have resulted in customer dissatisfaction and losses for the organization.
As a certified individual, you will be able to demonstrate proficiency in process improvement and assist businesses in discerning the internal factors that positively affect the ability of the organization to remain competitive in an economy where competition is worldwide in scope. Thus, the certification will boost your chances of finding a prestigious, responsible senior position in a global multinational company.