EVP Certification | Earned Value Professional Certification
Training Type: Instructor-Led Virtual Training..
Fee : $800 plus tax
Duration: 2 days ( 9:00 a.m.- 5:0 0 p.m.)
Options: Weekdays (Monday – Tuesday) OR Weekends (1 Weekend )
Number of students per session: Our EVP Exam Prep class sizes are typically 5-8 students per session. Our Earned Value Professional EVP classes are intentionally kept small in order to foster more interaction between the instructor and students. We limit classes to a maximum of six (6) students unless we are teaching a private group, organization or special offers classes.
Special Offers: Sign up with a friend and save 5% each – With 2 friends :10% – 3 friends: 15%
Corporate Training: Contact us for special rates
What is EVP?
EVP (Earned Value Professional) is a certification granted by the Association for Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) to individuals who possess fundamental knowledge and expertise in project cost controls and earned value management.
An EVP is a practitioner of Earned Value with demonstrated mastery of contract language as it relates to Earned Value application, the organization of a project’s scope into meaningful structure for execution; planning scheduling and budgeting the project work from initiation through close out using an integrated cost/schedule tool; highly proficient in monitoring project progress for performance measurement; an earned value management system (EVMS) and its related accounting component used to record actual costs for a project or activity; generating relevant reports, understanding and analyzing the information reported, using actual cost data from, or reconcilable with, the accounting system for management of a project or activity; and managing change to the scope of work and/or any deviation, performance trend, or change to an approved or baseline project control plan, throughout the life-cycle of a project or portfolio of projects in the public and/or private sector.
The focus of this workshop is to prepare attendees for the EVP certificate exam through reviewing subjects and sample questions that will be tested in the exam. Also, individuals who want to obtain a general knowledge about project cost control and Earned Value Management can significantly benefit from the trainingEarned Value Professional. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the Earned Value Management System
- Identify personal knowledge gaps prior to taking the exam
- Comprehend the concept behind the Earned Value formula, rather than relying on memorization
- Apply specific techniques for answering multiple choice questions in the exam
- Prepare an earned value analysis report
- Interpret and measure project health status based on the given earned value data
Who should attend EVP exam preparation Training?
- Those who plan to write the EVP exam and want to minimize study time and speed up the learning process
- Anyone interested in gaining a basic understanding of the Earned Value Management System
- Project managers, project controls personnel, engineering managers, construction managers, lead engineers, and similar roles
EVP Course Outline
Pre-Requisite: Some knowledge of Planning and Scheduling
- Introduction to a Project and Earned Value
- Attributes for Earned Value and its Integration
- Baseline Project Schedule Development
- Project Budget – Direct Costs and Indirect Costs
- Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB)
- Cost Reconciliation
- Cost Recording, Summarizing, Tracking and Reporting
- Project Analysis and Understanding Variance
- Interpreting Project Performance from Variance
- Management Reporting and Actions
- Types of Changes and Records of Changes
- Implementing Earned Value
EVP Exam: Eligibility Requirements
- 8 years industry related experience or
4 years industry related experience + 4-year industry related college degree
- Adherence to AACE’s Canons of Ethics
- 5 hours maximum
- 119 simple, multiple choice and compound, scenario questions
- Domains: Planning, Earned Value Applications, and Monitoring Control
- 1 memo writing assignment with a given scenario and instructions for writing a response in an onscreen text box
- Closed Book
- Any style, battery operated calculator permitted (not provided by the testing center)
Our Earned Value Professional EVP Instructors
Our long-standing success is based on our instructors bringing real world experience to the classroom and providing engaging, relevant, and high-quality course curriculum. We hire the most qualified, knowledgeable and effective instructors in the industry. All our instructors are PMP Certified. They are dedicated to providing an unmatched learning experience